Exploring is career education for young men and women, ages 14-20. These students receive hands-on experience and find out if a particular career field is right for them. They will also get to fellowship with others sharing their same interests. Exploring can be the first step in identifying career possibilities while having fun in an exciting and informal environment. There are many upcoming Exploring opportunities in the area! Fill out our career interest survey and we will notify you of upcoming open houses and when new Exploring post is starting near you.
Find an Exploring Post Career Interest Survey
Upcoming Open Houses
Aviation Career Exploring
September 22, 2018
Aviation Career Exploring combines exciting hands-on activities with interactions with aviation professionals representing a wide range of careers. You will experience firsthand what it's like to be a pilot, aircraft mechanic, flight engineer or air traffic controller.
Law Enforcement Career Exploring
Law Enforcement Career Exploring offers young adults a personal awareness of the criminal justice system through training, practical experiences, competition and other activities. Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism.
- Texas Medical Center Police Department 2151 W. Holcombe Blvd., Houston, TX. For more information contact Lt. Meier at SMeier@tmc.edu or at 281-414-6023.
Open House TBA
Health Care Career Exploring
September 13 and 22, 2018
Health Care Career Exploring is a hands-on program where you will learn from medical professionals who work in the healthcare industry every day. You will learn from healthcare leaders who will share their experiences and expertise to help support you as you learn about the healthcare field.
- Innovative Sports Medicine, 24022 Cinco Village Center Blvd. Suite 240, Katy, Texas. Explorers will learn about various areas of the healthcare field, including Orthopedic Sports Medicine, Physical Therapy, and Chiropractic Therapy.
Open House: Thursday, September 13 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 pm. For more information contact: Dr. Longoria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Altierus Career College, 9700 Bissonnet St., Suite 1400, Houston, TX 77036. You will learn about various healthcare positions that are vital to the medical field including Medical Billing & Coding, Pharmacy Tech, Surgical Technologist, and Dental Assistant.
Open House: Saturday, September 22 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm.
Dental Health Care Exploring
September 13-15, 2018
Dental Health Care Exploring is a hands-on program in which students will learn directly from dentists and medical health leaders that will help guide and mentor the Explorers as they learn about various dental careers, dental health awareness and education, while also discussion of topics pertaining to the dental field.
- Quail Valley Family Dental, 2260 FM 1092 Rd, Missouri City, Texas.
Open House: Friday, September 14 from 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 pm. Flier
- RiteSmile Dental, 15200 Southwest Fwy, Ste. 250, Sugar Land, Texas.
Open House: Saturday, September 15 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm. Flier
Law & Government Exploring
September 19, 2018
Does the field of Law & Government peak your interest? The Estes Law Office in Fort Bend County will strive to support and guide students interested in the field of law. The most popular careers in this field include: attorney, judge, paralegal, court reporter, and city manager. Explorers will get to experience firsthand what it’s like to serve as an attorney, conduct legal research vital to the success of a case, and meet with attorneys.
- The Estes Law Office, 716 S. Union Street, Richmond, TX.
Open House: Wednesday, September 19 from 4:30 - 5:30 pm. Flier
Skilled Trades Exploring
September 20, 22 and 29, 2018
Today's Skilled Trades workforce are engaged in work critical to the nation’s well-being, such as energy production, highway transportation, and manufacturing which are in high demand across the country. These are rewarding careers and very vital to our workforce. Nearly half of the U. S. industries report difficulties locating qualified individuals with skilled trades expertise.
Skilled Trades Explorers will participate in hands-on projects to give them a real feel for whether this career is the right one for them. They will network with professionals who work in these careers every day –using the latest technology and emerging trends. They will also learn about the educational requirements for a career in Skilled Trades and will receive tangible advice on steps to take now to prepare and position themselves for a successful career in the field of Skilled Trades. Find the program below that best suits your schedule and location and attend the open house coming soon!
- Texas Carpenters and Millwrights Houston Training Center, 5500 Spencer Hwy, Pasadena, Texas.
Open House: on Thursday, September 20 from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 pm. Flier
- Altierus Career College, 9700 Bissonnet St., Suite 1400, Houston, TX 77036.
Open House on Saturday, September 22 from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm. Flier
- Elite Pipe Welding Academy, 7119 Village Way, Houston, Texas.
Open House on Saturday, September 29th from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm. Flier
For more information about joining or starting an Exploring post, please contact: